The current plot twists of Maharashtra elections are not less than any movie plot. Former Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis started his second term on 23rd November 2019. However, now he has resigned from the post of CM as BJP no longer had a majority in the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly. This was the after effect when NCP leader Ajit Pawar raised his resignation and stepped down from the post of the deputy CM. The latest events that happened during the Maharashtra election is full of ups and downs. If you are not updated with the latest election news catch up on the events happened during Maharashtra elections 2019.
Latest Maharashtra Election News Headlines in one place –
- October 21st, 2019 – Elections for the 14th Legislative Assembly were held in Maharashtra for 288 seats.
- October 24th, 2019 – Results were out and BJP & Shiv Sena alliance got 105 and 56 seats respectively. While the NCP secured 54 seats followed by 44 seats.
- November 9th, 2019 – BJP is asked to prove its majority to form the government
- November 10th, 2019 – The latest news was that BJP fails to prove its majority due to conflicts with its former ally. Governor asks Shiv Sena to letters of support to prove its majority within 24 hours.
- November 11th, 2019 – Shiv Sena requests three days’ time period to support its claim to form the government. Governor invites NCP to prove its claim to form the government.
- November 12th, 2019 – None of them proves their majority and hence President rule is imposed.
- November 22nd, 2019 – Shiv Sena allies with NCP and Congress called “Maharashtra Vikas Aghadi”
- November 23rd, 2019 – Latest news was Devendra Fadnavis and Ajit Pawar swore as Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister respectively at 5:47 am
- November 26th, 2019 – Maharashtra government led by Devendra Fadnavis fails the floor test. Devendra Fadnavis resigns as the Maharashtra CM and Ajit Pawar as Deputy Chief Minister.
- December 1st, 2019 – Uddhav Thackeray will take oath as Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
All you need to know about the new Chief Minister of Maharashtra –
Former CM of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis led the government for 5 years. Now he is entitled as CM for shortest tenure after he steps down and resigns from the CM post on 26th November. However, the latest news is that Uddhav Thackeray will become the chief minister of Maharashtra. Uddhav Thackeray will be the first-ever member of the Thackeray family to become the CM of Maharashtra. Indeed it is a very proud moment for the whole Shiv Sena and Thackeray family. Uddhav Thackeray will take oath as CM of Maharashtra on Sunday, 1st of December. The oath ceremony will be held at Shivaji Park. After all the dramatic political events finally, Maharashtra has its CM. Let us know what you feel about this latest Maharashtra election news.